St. La Salle Financial Assistance Grant for
Incoming College Freshmen
De La Salle University provides financial assistance to Filipino students who meet specific criteria for eligibility.
The selection of grantees is done by the Scholarship Committee based on the following factors/criteria:
Financial Need. Only those whose annual family income is less than PhP 700,000 will be considered.
Academic Competence. The Committeewill take into consideration the applicants’ high school grades and DLSU College Admission Test (DLSU CAT) results.
Processing of financial assistance applications will begin after the list of accepted freshman applicants has been officially released by the Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS). However, acceptance into the University does not necessarily guarantee that financial assistance will be given to the applicant. The number of students to be granted of financial assistance will depend on the number of available slots for the degree program. Financial assistance can be given to only one grantee per family.
The results of financial assistance applications will be released in 31 March 2018.
Once awarded, the grants are renewable every trimester. Grantees are required to meet certain academic standards and to abide by the policies prescribed by the OAS.
The financial assistance program covers tuition and fees only.
Application Dates for AY 2018-2019
Application / Submission of Requirements
12 January to 02 March 2018
Result of Final Scholars/Grantees
31 March 2018
1. The student fills out the St. La Salle Financial Assistance Grant Application Form.
The online form is accessible from 12 January to 28 February 2018.
2. The student submits the accomplished documents to the Hub, 2/F Henry Sy, Sr. Hall on or before 28 February 2018, 1700H, the printed and notarized application form together with the following requirements:
- One (1) 2x2 photo taken with the last three (3) months
- one (1) Recommendation Form for St. La Salle Financial Assistance Grant
- Vicinity Map Form
- Photos of Family Residence (i.e. façade of the house/front view, living room, kitchen, and bedroom).
- Official Electric bill for the last 3 months
- Official Water bill for the last 3 months
- Official Telephone bill for the last 3 months
- PLDT/Wifi bill/Cellular phone bill for the last 3 months (for postpaid plan holder).
- (If house is owned, NOT mortgaged) Official receipt of realty tax payment for the last year
- (If house is owned, but mortgaged) Official receipt of housing loan amortization for last 3 months
- (If residing in an apartment) Official receipt of the rental payment for the last 3 months or certification of monthly rent from the lessor
- (If parents and other household members are employed) Income Tax Return or Certificate of Employment and Compensation
- (If parents are NOT employed) Certificate of Exemption from filing of Income Tax Return from the BIR or Certificate of Unemployment from the Municipal/Barangay Hall
3. The student applicant attaches photocopies of the documents to the application form. Original documents must be presented for verification upon submission of the application. Non-submission of required documents may be considered withholding of information.
4. The application for financial assistance will not be accepted and processed unless all required documents have been provided.
5. A card containing the Document Tracking System (DTS) number will be provided to the applicant. The status of the scholarship application may be monitored through the online DTS number. The decision on the application and further instructions will also be indicated in the DTS.
Important Note: Only applicants who were offered a degree program which is included in their three (3) choices are eligible to apply for the scholarship program. Applicants who were redirected in other degree programs may apply after completing one (1) term of enrollment in the University.
Last Update 1/18/2017
Office of Admissions and Scholarships
In keeping with its mission, De La Salle University extends financial assistance to needy but capable Filipino men and women desiring to continue educational and training programs in both the undergraduate and the graduate levels.
The Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS) is the unit charged with administering such assistance in the form of scholarship grants, tuition discounts, student assistantship, and loans.
In affirmation of and in realizing the DLSU-ACADSERV mission, the Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS) provides venues and opportunities that may allow generous benefactors to take direct or indirect involvement in making Lasallian education accessible to poor but capable Filipino men and women.
Committed to the mission and vision of the University and in oneness with the AcadServ Group’s vision, the Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS) serves as the bridge that links the University, its programs, stakeholders, and infrastructure with the benefactors towards the continuing accessibility of Lasallian education for the poor yet capable and deserving Filipino men and women.
Goals and Objectives
- To make the Lasallian education accessible to those who are intellectually capable but financially handicapped.
- To ensure that the University's various scholarship and financial assistance programs are properly administered.
- Processes the application of those students who may be in need of scholarships or other forms of financial assistance.
- Provides the necessary enrollment certifications to those who are under the scholarship, financial assistance, and loan programs.
- Informs donors regarding the status of their grantees.
- Assigns to the units concerned those grantees who may be required to render service/research assistantship.
- Provides information regarding the various Scholarship and Financial Assistance programs.
Office of Admissions and Scholarships (OAS)
2/F Henry Sy, Sr. Hall
De La Salle University
2401 Taft Avenue
1004 Manila, Philippines
Tel. Nos.: (632) 523-4230 (Direct) or
(632) 524-4611 to 19 local 166
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00am - 12noon; 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Saturdays: 8:00am - 12noon only