Executive assistant cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an executive assistant, or download the executive assistant cover letter template in Word.
As an executive assistant, you’re someone’s right hand. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top executive assistant jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an executive assistant, or download the executive assistant cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn more about administrative careers and search for executive assistant jobs on Monster.
Executive assistant cover letter template
Sometown, CO 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Ms. Sarah Smith
800 12th Ave.
Sometown, CO 55555
Re: Executive Assistant | Job Ref. #55555 | Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith:
Many people view executive assistants as glorified secretaries, and while there’s nothing wrong with secretarial work, my view of this position is different. Yes, I perform secretarial tasks (quite well!), but I see my role as a key business partner¾vital to the success of the executive team, department and company.
I am your secret weapon, working diligently to ensure goals are met and daily operations run smoothly.
For the past five years, I have served as executive assistant to the regional VP of a major insurance company. Previously during my employment with a regional credit union, I rapidly advanced through roles as an office assistant and secretary to become executive assistant to the SVP of HR.
These experiences allow me to wear the many “hats” required to be a value-adding executive assistant. I’ve earned repeated accolades for my strengths in…
- Managing multiple high-priority projects with competing deadlines
- Creating reports, spreadsheets, budgets and PowerPoint presentations
- Coordinating executive travel, schedules and calendars
- Handling sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
- Planning and overseeing logistics for meetings, tradeshows and events
- Assisting with payroll, new-hire orientation, benefits enrollment and other HR functions
My qualifications are reinforced by credentials that include an AA in business; an in-progress BA in HR administration; and an advanced command of MS Office, SAP and Oracle.
You may reach me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Executive Secretary Cover Letter
Executive Secretaries are administrative assistants who also complete more complex functions such as database management or interacting with stakeholders. Essential duties of an Executive Secretary include: providing secretarial support to executives, creating presentations, writing reports, handling confidential documents, assisting to meetings, managing correspondence, making travel arrangements, ordering office supplies, negotiating terms with vendors, and performing research.
A cover letter example for Executive Secretary should highlight the following skills:
- Administrative experience
- Computer proficiency
- Accounting procedures knowledge
- Office management expertise
- Research and reporting skills
- Business acumen
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
Those interested in an Executive Secretary career can observe relevant qualifications in the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Executive Secretary Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Fry:
Upon learning of your need for a detail-oriented and self-motivated Executive Secretary, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As an organized and dedicated senior-level administrative assistant with comprehensive experience providing expert support to executive-level staff, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
My background consists of more than 11 years of experience in overseeing administrative and operational functions for senior management teams and department directors. Backed by my superior communication, team collaboration, and multitasking capabilities, I excel at providing exceptional organizational and time-management skills and driving optimal office efficiency and success.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Overseeing all executive administrative support functions, including scheduling, global travel arrangements, meeting coordination, budget administration, expense reports, filing systems, and special event / project oversight.
- Excelling as the Executive Assistant to the Chairman and CEO of Greenbelt Manufacturing, performing various personal duties including maintaining multiple residences and purchasing personal items.
- Overseeing direct reports—including senior administrative secretaries—while directly reporting to C-level executive staff.
- Interacting with multiple departments to streamline operations and achieve corporate success.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
With my proven commitment to delivering the highest level of administrative and operational support, I am well prepared to extend my record of exceptional secretarial service to your leadership team. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jeanette E. Preston