15 Jones Street
Jonestown NSW 2222
T: (02) 3456 6543
M: 0441 123 321
HR Manager, MyTube
GPO Box 000
Sydney NSW 2000
Dear Ms Brown
Re: Associate Producer position
I wish to apply for the position of Associate Producer advertised recently on the MyTube website.
I am passionate about digital media and have geared my tertiary education, internships and recent work experience towards a career in this exciting and rapidly growing industry. I completed a Bachelor of Multimedia at the University of Jonestown in 2007 and have since been working as a part-time production assistant at the web and content development company Big Bang Media.
My key responsibilities include formatting and proofreading website content before publication, creating and maintaining publishing schedules, and sourcing and cropping photos and other graphical content. I also update text and images on client websites using a proprietary content management system (CMS).
In addition, I have completed two internships with organisations at the forefront of digital media – the Jonestown Courier and Digital Solutions. Each full-time work placement lasted four weeks, giving me the opportunity to not only develop skills in a range of areas, including proofreading, HTML coding and video editing, but also to learn first-hand the importance of teamwork in a fast-paced environment.
Furthermore, I have taught myself Dreamweaver 8 in order to build a website to showcase my video work and the articles I have written for the online magazine DigiFuture (www.digifuture.com).
I am hard working, flexible and thrive in a team environment and believe my skills would greatly benefit a dynamic and innovative company like MyTube.
My resume is attached and I look forward to discussing this position at an interview.
Video Producer Cover Letter
Video Producers work in the film, television, and video industries. They supervise the creation of video content from concept to delivery. Specific job duties of a Video Producer include: hiring artists, managing budgets, raising funds, researching and evaluating ideas, organizing shooting schedules, supervising project completion, and making sure the production is finished on budget.
Those interested in a Video Producer career should be able to showcase in their cover letters the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Resource management abilities
- Technical skills
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant software
Below is provided an example Video Producer sample cover letter displaying similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Video Producer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Gonzales:
Technical expertise, a robust work ethic, and productive team collaboration are all essential components to success in video production. As a skilled professional with more than 9 years of experience leading video projects from start to finish, I am positioned to make a significant impact on Uplink as your next Video Producer.
My background includes managing all editing, sound engineering / music, animation, recording, and final show delivery in various formats such as DVD, Web, and Blu-Ray. With proficiency in a broad range of software applications—along with my ability to collaborate effectively with industry experts, peers, and freelance teams—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Uplink.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Spearheading high-style, high-quality video production projects throughout all life cycle phases, applying expertise in 2D/3D animation, shooting, lighting, multi-camera usage, framing, editing, directing, and post-production to meet client goals and achieve deadline and budget requirements.
- Completing dynamic internship with ABC 9 News in Tukwila, WA; amassed key knowledge in news writing, interviewing, video shooting, production, and editing.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Aurora, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and both Mac and PC platforms; comfortable with DSLR and 3-CCD cameras.
- Utilizing solid organizational, communication, leadership, and multitasking skills to generate maximum efficiency and first-rate quality in both independent and team environments.
With my strong experience and technical fluency, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding video production services to your company. I look forward to discussing this role in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.